|date_range Date(s)||14th - 15th October 2017|
|location_city Venue||Appleton Towers, University of Edinburgh|
|Conference Fee||£20.00 for early bird tickets,
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|event_seat No of Places Available||100|
The British Undergraduate Cardiovascular Society are proud to announce the 5th International Undergraduate Cardiovascular Conference, in collaboration with the University of Edinburgh.
This conference is an excellent opportunity for medical students and junior doctors to gain an insight into the ever-changing world of cardiovascular research. With keynote speeches from pioneering researchers and academic clinicians, this event is a chance to be inspired and explore the latest innovations in cardiovascular medicine. We have a full day comprising of workshops and cardiac simulators, which will provide the ideal platform for medical students to gain early exposure to procedures beyond the scope of typical undergraduate curriculum. Delegates will also have the opportunity to present their own research to a panel of distinguished researchers and clinicians, with prizes to be awarded for winning entries. Abstracts of original research, audits and systemic reviews are welcomed for poster and oral presentation.
Aims and objectives :
- To provide inspiring talks by speakers on topics relating to cardiovascular medicine, including careers and sub-specialities.
- To showcase the research produced by medical students and give them a platform to present their work.
- To build a network of students interested in cardiovascular speciality and provide them with networking sessions with pioneers of the field.
- To provide opportunities to practice relevant clinical skills that are beyond the typical undergraduate curriculum.
Specialties Debate: Hear consultants in various branches of cardiovascular medicine advertise their specialties!
Research: Chance to present undergraduate research as oral or poster presentations
Workshops (TBC): Day 2
- Trans-thoracic and trans-oesophageal echocardiography
- Surgical simulation
- Vascular surgical skills
- Cardiac emergencies and many more
Please click the dropdown menu to view the faculty lists from previous courses
Please click the dropdown menu to view the programmes for upcoming courses and from previous courses.
Please click the dropdown menu to view the feedback from previous courses
Pay by Bank TransferWe bank with
Please use the details furnished below to pay by bank transfer
|Account Name||Doctors Academy|
|Name of Bank||Barclays Bank, 121 Queen Street, Cardiff CF10 1SG, United Kingdom|
|If you are making a payment to our account from outside the UK, your bank will ask for our IBAN and Swift Code||IBAN: GB49 BARC 2018 1750 6716 73
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22