|date_range Date(s)||16th and 17th February 2018|
|location_city Venue||Welsh Centre for Anatomical Education, University of Cardiff|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|event_seat No of Places Available||24|
This unique two-day ‘hand-on’ course will provide the participant to preform Ultrasound-guided
musculoskeletal interventional procedures on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
under direct supervision by Consultant Musculoskeletal Interventional Radiologists.
With a high tutor-to-participant ratio, this practical course will be delivered in small groups using a series of tutor demonstrations where participants undertake various interventional procedures on cadavers, simulating clinical practice.
Practical sessions will include injection of joints and surrounding soft tissue structures, and techniques such as dry needling and biopsies. The indications and contraindications for musculoskeletal interventions, and the role of pertinent drugs including potential complications will also be discussed. A workshop at the end of the course will give the participants an opportunity to consolidate on their particular area of interest.
- Understand the basic principles of Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal interventional procedures
- Understand the indications, contraindications and potential risks of interventional procedures
- Practice various Ultrasound-guided interventional procedures on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
Features and Highlights:
- Participants work on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
- Tutored and supervised by Consultant Musculoskeletal Interventional Radiologists
- Hands-on practical course with a high tutor-to-participant ratio
- Small group teaching and demonstrations
Consultants, Speciality Registrars (ST4, ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8) and Registrar-level doctors in:
Please click the dropdown menu to view the faculty lists from previous courses
Please click the dropdown menu to view the programmes for upcoming courses and from previous courses.
Please click the dropdown menu to view the feedback from previous courses
Pay by Bank TransferWe bank with
Please use the details furnished below to pay by bank transfer
|Account Name||Doctors Academy|
|Name of Bank||Barclays Bank, 121 Queen Street, Cardiff CF10 1SG, United Kingdom|
|If you are making a payment to our account from outside the UK, your bank will ask for our IBAN and Swift Code||IBAN: GB49 BARC 2018 1750 6716 73
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22