|date_range Date||25th March 2017|
|date_range Time||10:00 hrs till 16:30 hrs|
|location_city Venue|| Keele University School of Nursing & Midwifery,
Clinical Education Centre,
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS Trust,
Newcastle Road Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and, as such, we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|event_seat No of Places Available||40|
This one-day Consultant/trainee-led course is specifically aimed at providing medical students in their pre-clinical/clinical years with a structured programmeto learn basic surgical skills that are common to all surgical practices.
The course will useanimal tissue to teach participants the basic suturing skills expected from an undergraduate medical student interested.
The course in open to all undergraduate medical students across the Midlands.
Medical students will have a great opportunity to participate in a competition during the afternoon. The winner will receive a special certificate and a gift!
Features & Highlights:
- Tutored and supervised by Consultant Surgeons/trainees from various disciplines.
- Practical course with a high tutor-to-participant ratio.
- Delivered using a series of tutor demonstrations and hands-on sessions where participants work on animal tissue.
- An ideal course for any students wanting to learn some new skills for the first time or improve their suturing skills if they are already experienced.
- Certificate will be awarded for your portfolio.
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Handle commonly used surgical instruments in a safe and effective manner and how to make an incision using surgical instruments.
- Pick up and safely drive a needle through tissue with accurate bite placement.
- Perform asimple interrupted suture, simple buried, simple running/continuous suture, vertical mattress +horizontal mattress to close a wound.
- Participate in a competition with prizes.
- Network with other medical students and receive advice for a career in surgery from local consultants and trainees.
Please, visit our Facebook page for updates:
Please click the dropdown menu to view the faculty lists from previous courses
Please click the dropdown menu to view the programmes for upcoming courses and from previous courses.
Please click the dropdown menu to view the feedback from previous courses
Pay by Bank TransferWe bank with
Please use the details furnished below to pay by bank transfer
|Account Name||Doctors Academy|
|Name of Bank||Barclays Bank, 121 Queen Street, Cardiff CF10 1SG, United Kingdom|
|If you are making a payment to our account from outside the UK, your bank will ask for our IBAN and Swift Code||IBAN: GB49 BARC 2018 1750 6716 73
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22