A Practical Hands-On Course on Minor Oral Surgical Procedures
11th May 2019
Octagon Dental Centre, 531 Bitterne Road East, Southampton
This one-day course will provide an overview of minor oral surgical procedures which are carried out in general dental practice. Using animal tissue, it will demonstrate a range of procedures and discuss how they can be safely undertaken in general practice. These procedures include the principles of flap design, tooth sectioning, safe bone removal, and suturing.
The course will discuss:
- Extraction techniques, including chair positioning and choice of instruments.
- Ideal contents of a surgical tray/pack and simple armamentarium.
- Clinical and radiological assessment of teeth before extraction.
- Principles and techniques for the use of elevators and luxators in the removal of roots and impacted teeth.
- Anatomical consideration and basic principles of flap elevation, bone removal, and suturing techniques.
- Complications of dental extractions and their management.
- Tips on oral surgery.
- When to refer the patient.
The course will also involve a case-based discussion. Delegates are invited to bring specific cases to discuss the management.
- To efficiently perform minor oral surgical procedures.
- To effectively identify risks and manage complications during minor oral surgery.
- To minimise the risk of complaints.
Senior Dental Students, Practicing Dentists, Oral Surgeons, Vocational Trainees, Implant Dentists
Dr V Murugaraj, MFDS RCS(Eng), FFD RCSI Oral Surgery with Oral Medicine (Ire)
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||11th May 2019
|Octagon Dental Centre, 531 Bitterne Road East, Southampton, SO18 5EQ|
|Course Fee||£ 295.00|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||10|