Cardiff Cadaveric General Surgical Emergency Operations Course
16th February 2020
Welsh Centre for Anatomical Education, University of Cardiff
This unique one-day ‘hands-on’ course will provide the participant with the opportunity to perform selected common general surgical emergency operations on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers under the direct supervision of Consultant Surgeons.
With a high tutor-to-participant ratio, this practical course will be delivered in small groups using a series of tutor demonstrations where participants will undertake various general surgical emergency operations on cadavers, simulating clinical practice.
Types of Procedures
- Small Bowel Resections
- Right Hemicolectomy
- Exploration of Inguinal Canal
- Exploration of Scrotum
- Creation of Stoma
- Speciality Trainees (ST3 and ST4 level) in General and Emergency Surgery
- Core Trainees (CT2 level or post MRCS CT1 level) who are planning on embarking on a career in one of the following surgical disciplines (General, Upper GI, Colorectal, Emergency Surgery)
- Understand the basic principles and steps in undertaking common general surgical emergency operations
- Practice the operations on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
- Understand the indications, contraindications and potential risks of these operations
Features and Highlights
- Participants work on unembalmed freeze-preserved cadavers
- Tutored and supervised by Consultant Surgeons
- Hands-on practical course with a high tutor-to-participant ratio
- Small group teaching and demonstrations
|Places are currently limited.
There is only one place remaining for this course. We have hence closed the online registration system. If you wish to take the last place, please email us at email@example.com and we will suggest the way to complete registration, provided the place is still available.
|Date||16th February 2020
|Welsh Centre for Anatomical Education, University of Cardiff|
|Course Time||0900 - 1700 hours|
|Course Fee||£ 195.00|
|Closing Date||The places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and as such we are unable to provide a precise closing date. The registration will close when all places are taken up.|
|No of Places||6|