Advanced Trauma Life Support
7th,8th and 9th March 2018
Walsall Healthcare Education Academy, Manor Hospital, Walsall WS2 9PS
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the concepts and principles of the primary and secondary patient assessments.
- Establish management priorities in a trauma situation.
- Initiate primary and secondary management necessary within the golden hour for the emergency management of acute life threatening conditions.
- In a given simulated clinical and surgical skills practicum, demonstrate a range of skills, which are often required in the initial assessment and treatment of patients with multiple injuries
FY2, CT1-2, ST1-2, SAS Grades and suitably trained advanced practitioners.
FY1 are not eligible to attend this course
ATLS® teaches a safe reliable method for immediate management of the injured trauma patient. ATLS® is a multidisciplinary course enabling a standardised language of trauma care across the specialties.
The ATLS® course covers a range of procedures and topics including:
- Initial assessment and management
- Airway and ventilatory management
- Abdominal and pelvic shock
- Thoracic trauma
- Trauma – head, spine, musculoskeletal
- Spinal Immobilisation
- Secondary survey, head to toe exam, patient transfer
- Spinal assessment/x-rays
- Primary survey x-rays
- Cricothyroidotomy/chest decompression/pericardiocentesis
- Application of pelvic binder
This is a highly-interactive course combining lectures, discussions, interactive tutorials, skills teaching and simulated patient management scenarios (moulage).
|Places are currently available.|
|Dates||7th,8th and 9th March 2018
|Walsall Healthcare Education Academy, Manor Hospital, Walsall WS2 9PS|
|Course Fee||£ 625.00|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|