'The 2nd Annual National South West Plastic Surgery Conference (SWPSC) 2019, founded by the Exeter Surgical Society, is a multi-award-winning conference that aims to bring insight into the exciting field of plastic surgery to medical students and junior doctors in the South West and nationally across the UK.
Last year we organised a highly-successful day, going on to win the Association of Surgeons’ in Training (ASiT) ‘Battle of the Student Surgical Societies 2018’, and the ‘Event of the Year’ (Highly commended) at the Exeter Students’ Guild Awards, amongst various national commendations.
We are continuing our vision of establishing a long traditionof plastic surgery teaching and excellence in the South West, through our 2nd Annual Conference this year on Saturday, 2nd March 2019 at the Research Innovation Learning Development Building, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, NHS FT, EX2 5DW.
The day will consist of lectures from world-leading plastic surgeons that will explore the plastic surgery specialty and its subspecialties, practical workshops in common plastic surgery skills, including knot-tying and basic suturingand tendon repair,as well as a plastic surgical portfolio-buildingworkshop. This year we are proud to welcome our keynote speaker, Mr Peter Saxby, Retired Consultant Plastic Surgeon, and Founder of the Exeter Plastic Surgery Unit.
We will also be hosting a poster competition and are accepting abstract submissions of any audit, SSU/SSC, case report, elective or other research project associated with plastic surgery (including hand surgery, dermatological surgery/dermatology, or surgery in general). To be considered, please submit a 250-word structured abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Thursday 7th February 2019, 23:59PM.'
- Mr Waheed-Ul-Rahman Ahmed – Founder and Chair
- Mr Alexander Smith – Sponsorship Lead
- Mr Nicholas Hubble – Media Lead
- Mr Ziad Zeidan – Lectures Lead
- Mr Jonathan Musgrove – Workshop Lead
- Miss Shivani Mahaptra – Advertising Lead
- Ms Abby Sy – Advertising Lead
- Mr Wayne Chung – Catering Lead
- Miss Erin Dawson – Secretary
- Mr Peter Saxby, Retired Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital; Founder Exeter Plastic Surgery Unit
- Mr David Izadi, ST8 Senior Registrar in Plastic Surgery, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
- Mr Robert Morris, Consultant Plastic Surgeon Derriford Hospital, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust; Founder Plymouth Sarcoma Unit
- Prof Dominic Furniss, Honorary Consultant Plastic Surgery, Associate Professor, University of Oxford.
- Mr Vikram Devaraj, Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital; Senior Lecturer in Clinical Anatomy at the University of Exeter Medical School.