Vascular Anastomosis Workshop
13th March 2020
Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant
This one-day hands-on course is intended for core surgical trainees with an interest in vascular surgery and junior trainees in vascular surgery. It will prove highly relevant for those considering a career in vascular surgery and those who are in the early stages of their vascular training.
The course will expose the attendee to the basic principles of vascular surgery, the fundamentals of anastomotic techniques, the indications for radiological or surgical intervention, and the general principles of managing patients with vascular conditions.
The day will include exposure to the carotid artery, abdominal aorta and peripheral vessels on custom-made, established, synthetic models.
Features of the course will include:
- Introduction to Principles of Vascular Anastomosis
- Basic Principles of Vascular Anastomosis
- Instrumentation in Vascular Surgery
- Basic Techniques of Vascular Anastomosis
- Interrupted, Continuous, Anchor, Parachute and Tie Down Suture Techniques
- End-to-End Anastomosis; Aorta Hands-On Model
- End-to-Side Anastomosis; Bypass Hands-On Model
- Side-to-Side Anastomosis
- Patch Closure Technique; Carotid Hands-On Model
CT1; CT2; ST3-ST6 Trainees in General/Vascular Surgery; Career Grade Doctors in Vascular Surgery; Speciality Doctors.
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||13th March 2020
|Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|Time||0830 – 1700 hours|
|No of Places||16|