Doctors Academy Preparation Course for BMAT
31st July and 1st August 2021
Virtual Course Held via Zoom
Given the disruption to the A-Level exams and the continued unpredictability brought by COVID-19, obtaining a high score in the BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is even more essential for those applying to medical school in 2022. This interactive two-day course will provide focused information on how to approach each section of the BMAT.
Through a comprehensive discussion of 100s of questions, it will highlight how to answer each type of question, how to answer within the stipulated time, and how to avoid common pitfalls. It will also help the attendee to develop his or her own strategies to answer the various questions that appear in the test.
It is envisaged that, with adequate structured and focused revision by the attendee until the test, the course will enable him or her to aim for a score of 5.5 to 6 in Sections 1 and 2, and 4A to 4.5A in Section 3.
The course will discuss:
- Section 1 (Problem Solving; Critical Thinking)
- Section 2 (Scientific Knowledge: Biology; Chemistry; Physics; and Mathematics)
- Section 3 (Writing Task)
- The applicant should have obtained a minimum of 9 GCSEs, which includes at least 6 GCSEs at 'A*/A/9/8' grade and 3 GCSEs at 'A/B/7/6' grade.
- The applicant should currently be studying a minimum of 3 A-Level subjects, which includes Chemistry, either Biology, Physics or Mathematics, and one of any other subject.
- The applicant is preparing to enter medical school in 2022.
- The applicant should be more than 16 years of age on the day of the course.
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||31st July and 1st August 2021
||Virtual Course Held via Zoom|
This course is funded by The Doctors Academy Higher Education Board.
A refundable deposit of £20 will be required to confirm your registration. This will be refunded to you once you have attended the course.
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|Zoom Etiquette||You will need to join from a laptop/PC that has a camera and microphone enabled. Your camera will need to be on for the duration of the course.|