A Structured Preparation Course for Academic IELTS
10th August 2020
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Cardiff, Frazer Building, 126 Bute Street, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff
This one-day course will enable the candidate to prepare for the IELTS (Academic) in a focused and interactiveenvironment. Each candidate will receive one-to-one tuition, enabling him or her to identify areas of weakness within the four areas tested in the exam (reading; writing; listening; and speaking) and to develop strategies to improve upon these. The course will provide candidates with the platform to prepare for the IELTS in his or her own time in a focused and appropriate manner.
Through ample interactive discussion of mock questions, the course will focus on all four areas tested in the IELTS (Academic). It will provide delegates with pertinent tips on how to approach particularly difficult aspects of the test and help him or her to develop a comprehensive range of useful strategies. We appreciate that the IELTS is challenging, and this course intends to aid candidates to build the resources required to tackle the test in a confident manner.
- Encounter different types of passages that might appear in the IELTS (Academic).
- Discuss and develop strategies to identify answers quickly.
- Learn to skim passages for the most important information.
- Understand the crux of paraphrasing.
- Develop strategies to enhance and broadenone's range of vocabulary.
- Gain the ability and the confidence to use complex grammatical structures.
- Learn to interpret and describe graphs, diagrams, charts, and tables.
- Learn to articulate one's own opinion in response to an argument or idea.
- Understand how to make an argument for or against a given idea.
- Understand the types of questions that might be asked in the test.
- Learn to rapidly identify key words and synonyms.
- Develop strategies to build the vocabulary needed for this section of the test.
- Discuss pertinent tips to prepare for the listening section of the IELTS.
- Complete a number of mock tests with a tutor in a simulated exam setting.
- Identify areas of weakness and develop strategies to improve upon these.
- Learn to reduce common mistakes made when one speaks.
- Gain confidence in offering an opinion and justifying it.
- Understand how to broach challenging questions that might be asked in the speaking section of the IELTS.
Aims and Objectives
- To approach all four areas of the IELTS (Academic) more confidently.
- To speak and write more accurately and in line with what the examiner expects.
- To develop strategies to answer reading and listening questions in a rapidyetaccurate manner.
- To develop strategies to enhance and broaden one's range of vocabulary andgrammatical structures.
- To recognise one's own areas of weakness.
- To better target and organise one's own preparation.
- To achieve a high score in the IELTS (Academic).
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||10th August 2020
|College of Physicians and Surgeons of Cardiff, Frazer Building, 126 Bute Street, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff|
|Time||0845 – 1730 hours|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No. of Places||8|