Evidence-Based Current Management of Salivary Gland Tumours
24th February 2021
1900 - 2015 hours GMT
Online Teaching Via Zoom
Salivary gland tumours make up about 6% of all head and neck tumours. They have a wide range of presentations, with about 80% being benign and the rest being malignant (typically in patients >60 years of age). The diagnosis and treatment of salivary gland tumours remain complex and present a challenging problem for the head and neck surgeon. Malignant salivary glands tumours are aggressive and surgery remains the primary treatment option. Surgery is often combined with postoperative radiotherapy, depending on the specific tumour characteristics and stage. Salivary gland tumours respond poorly to chemotherapy. This talk by Mr J Bernstein, Consultant in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, will discuss the clinical presentations, surgical anatomy, pathology and the management options of these tumours. Operative ‘tips and pearls’ will also be provided.
- ST3 and above trainees in ENT Surgery.
- ST3 and above trainees in Head and Neck Surgery.
- ST3 and above trainees in General Surgery.
- Trainees preparing for FRCS(ENT) Exam.
- Trainees preparing for FRCS(Plast) Exam.
- Trainees preparing for FRCS(Gen Surg) Exam.
- Post CCT trainees in ENT Surgery.
- Post CCT trainees in Head and Neck Surgery.
- Post CCT trainees in Plastic Surgery.
- Training Interface Group Fellows in ENT Surgery.
- Training Interface Group Fellows in Head and Neck Surgery.
- Training Interface Group Fellows in Plastic Surgery.
Consultant in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||24th February 2021
|Time||1900 - 2015 hours GMT|
||Online Teaching Via Zoom|
This teaching event is part of the Structured International Medical Education Curriculum, supported by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Cardiff and The Doctors Academy Group.
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||100|