Cardiff MRCS Course (Manchester): Surgical Anatomy for MRCS OSCE
3rd April 2020
Postgraduate Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester
From the providers of the highly acclaimed and prestigious Cardiff MRCS Courses, this intensive one-day revision course is intended to help trainees prepare for the surgical anatomy component of the MRCS OSCE exam. This course will provide a pertinent yet comprehensive revision of core and applied knowledge in surgical anatomy as tested in the exam. The day will cover basic and functional anatomy, relevant pathology, osteology and surface anatomy. In addition to teaching, there will be mock and practice OSCE questions throughout the day.
- Interactive discussions using images, slides, anatomy models and osteology.
- Mock OSCE scenarios.
- Illustration and description of surface anatomy.
- Skull base, Head, Scalp and Face; Surgical Pathologies of the Head and Face (includes parotid tumours)
- Neck, Thyroid, Larynx, Pharynx, Tongue; Surgical Pathologies of the Neck
- Head and Neck Embryology; Pharyngeal Arches
- Autonomous Nervous System
- Brachial Plexus, Arm, Shoulder, Scapula, Back and Rotator Cuff (includes upper limb nerve injuries, palsies and shoulder pathologies)
- Cubital Fossa, Forearm, Flexor Retinaculum and Hand (includes carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve palsies, hand pathologies)
- Thoracic Wall; Mediastinum; Heart; Lungs; Oesophagus; Diaphragm
- Vascular anatomy of Thorax, Head and Neck and Thorax (includes vascular access and chest drain insertion)
- Vascular Pathologies of Neck and Thorax
- Transpyloric Plane, Anterior Abdominal Wall and Inguinal Region (includes hernia and scrotal swellings)
- Abdominal Anatomy; Hollow and Solid Organs (includes bowel pathologies, colon cancer and segmental bowel resections)
- Pelvis and Perineum
- Lumbar and Lumbosacral Plexus
- Femoral Triangle, Thigh, Popliteal Fossa; Lower Leg, Ankle and Foot (includes lower limb nerve injuries, palsies, compartment syndrome and ankle injuries)
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||3rd April 2020
|Postgraduate Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||15|