The 2nd Annual National South South West Plastic Surgery Conference, "Bringing Plastic Surgery Insight to the South West" will take place on Saturday 2nd March 2019 at the Research Innovation Learning and Development Building (RLID), Royal Devon and Exter NHS Foundation Trust. It intends to provide the delegate with an insight into the field of plastic surgery and subspecialities.
The day will comprise of a series of keynote talks delivered by nationally-renowned specialists in the field. In addition, practical workshops in common plastic surgery skills, including knot-tying, basic suturing and tendon repair, as well as a plastic surgical portfolio-building workshop.
This year the society are proud to welcome their keynote speaker, Mr Peter Saxby, Retired Consultant Plastic Surgeon, and Founder of the Exeter Plastic Surgery Unit.
- Mr Waheed-Ul-Rahman Ahmed – Founder and Chair
- Mr Alexander Smith – Sponsorship Lead
- Mr Nicholas Hubble – Media Lead
- Mr Ziad Zeidan – Lectures Lead
- Mr Jonathan Musgrove – Workshop Lead
- Miss Shivani Mahaptra – Advertising Lead
- Ms Abby Sy – Advertising Lead
- Mr Wayne Chung – Catering Lead
- Miss Erin Dawson – Secretary
- Miss Miriam A Beattie – Truro Lead
- Mr Peter John Saxby, ChM FRCS(plast)
Retired Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital NHS Foundation Trust; Founder Exeter Plastic Surgery Unit.
- Professor Dominic Furniss, DM, MA, MBBCh, FRCS(Plast)
Associate Professor Wellcome Trust Intermediate
Fellow University of Oxford Honorary Consultant
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Professor Vikram S Devaraj, MBChB FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast), PGDip Clin Ed SFHEA
Associate Professor & Clinical Lead Anatomy Discipline Group, Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Hand Surgeon, University of Exeter College of Medicine and Health.
- Mr Robert Morris, MBBS , FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast)
Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Derriford Hospital, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Foundation Trust; Founder Plymouth Sarcoma Unit.
- Mr David Izadi, BA(Hons), MB BChir(Cambridge) , MA(Cantab), MA(Oxon) , MRCS FRCS(Plast)
ST8 Senior Registrar in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Mr Justin C R Wormald, MBBS, MRes, MRCS
Specialist Registrar in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow in Plastic Surgery, University of Oxford.