Imperial College London Paediatrics Society will be hosting our Annual Conference on the 26th January 2019, titled “The New Era in Paediatrics: Technology in Practice”.
Advancements in technology have greatly improved paediatric outcomes over the years. This event will involve talks by worldrenowned paediatricians regarding these technological advancements and what pursuing a career in paediatrics and neonatology entails, an insight into global inequalities in paediatriccare, and much more. There will also be various workshops focussing on a variety of topics ranging from research opportunities, career advice and emergency medicine in paediatricsto an introduction to coding which will be run by our very own coding for medics society.
There will also be an opportunity for fellow students to present posters showcasing any paediatric research that they have been involved.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide an insight into what a career in paediatrics involves
- Provide an insight into what a career in neonatology involves
- Improvements in paediatric outcomes over the years due to technological advancements
- How to pursue a career in paediatrics
- How to get involved in research
- How to manage paediatric emergencies
- Reality of paediatrics in a global setting despite technological advances
- An insight into the use of coding and technology in paediatrics, including an introduction to Python
- Poster presentations to provide fellow students with the opportunity to showcase any paediatric research that they have been involved