Cardiff MRCS Course (Manchester): Surgical Anatomy and Surgical Pathology for MRCS OSCE
14th August 2020
Apollo Buckingham Health Science Campus, Crewe
From the providers of the highly acclaimed and prestigious Cardiff MRCS Courses, this intensive one-day revision course is intended to help trainees prepare for the Surgical Anatomy and Surgical Pathology components of the MRCS OSCE exam. Surgical Anatomy and Pathology comprises of 63% (100 out of 160 marks) of the Applied Knowledge component and 28% (100 out of 360 marks) of the MRCS exam. Thus, these two components play a crucial role in determining the success or failure of a delegate in the exam.
This course will provide a pertinent yet comprehensive revision of core and applied knowledge in surgical anatomy and surgical pathology as tested in the exam. The day will cover basic and functional anatomy, basic and system-specific pathology, osteology and surface anatomy. In addition to teaching, there will be mock and practice OSCE questions throughout the day.
- Interactive discussions using images, slides, anatomy models and osteology.
- Summary of essential concepts in basic and system-specific pathology
- Mock OSCE scenarios.
- Illustration and description of surface anatomy.
- Skull base, Head, Scalp and Face; Surgical Pathologies of the Head and Face (includes parotid tumours)
- Circle of Willis, Dural Venous Sinuses, Hydrocephalus and Strokes
- Neck, Thyroid, Larynx, Pharynx, Tongue;
- Head and Neck Embryology; Pharyngeal Arches
- Surgical Pathologies in the Triangles of the Neck
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Pathologies
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Spinal Cord Lesions, Conus Medullaris and Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Brachial Plexus, Arm, Shoulder, Scapula, Back and Rotator Cuff (includes upper limb nerve injuries, palsies and shoulder pathologies)
- Anatomy of the Breast and Overview of Breast Cancers
- Cubital Fossa, Forearm, Flexor Retinaculum and Hand (includes carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve palsies, hand pathologies)
- Thoracic Wall; Mediastinum; Heart; Lungs; Oesophagus; Diaphragm
- Vascular anatomy of Thorax, Head and Neck and Thorax (includes vascular access and chest drain insertion)
- Transpyloric Plane, Anterior Abdominal Wall and Inguinal Region
- Scrotal Swellings, Hernia and Testicular Tumours
- Abdominal Anatomy; Hollow and Solid Organs (includes bowel pathologies, colon cancer and segmental bowel resections)
- Pelvis and Perineum
- Lumbar and Lumbosacral Plexus
- Femoral Triangle, Thigh, Popliteal Fossa; Lower Leg, Ankle and Foot (includes lower limb nerve injuries, palsies, compartment syndrome and ankle injuries)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease, Varicose Veins and Their Management
- Cutaneous Malignancies and Malignant Melanoma
|Places are currently available.|
|Date||14th August 2020
|Apollo Buckingham Health Science Campus, Crewe|
|Closing Date||Places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and therefore we are unable to provide a precise closing date.|
|No of Places||15|