The Sports Medicine Surgery – Surgery on the Sidelines Conference will take place on Saturday 13th April 2019 at the School of Medicine, University of St Andrews. It intends to provide the delegate with an insight into the field of surgery and sports medicine and enhance his/her understanding of fundamental aspects pertaining to the area. The day will comprise of a series of keynote talks delivered by specialists in the field, as well as various workshops which aim to develop and consolidate the delegate's practical skills in areas equated to Surgery and Sports Medicine.
Deadline: 2359 hours on 5th April 2019 (Friday)
All delegates are invited to submit an abstract in relation to any medical field. The successful submissions will be given the opportunity to present at the conference.
Abstracts must not exceed 300 words, and should include the title of the poster andthe name(s) and affiliation(s) of the authors.
Submissions received from students of University of St Andrews MD4002 who wish to present at the conference must submit the form signed by their supervisor confirming they have understood and agreed the following terms:
- Participation in the poster presentation is optional.
- The supervisor must give consent for the student to present his/her MD4002 work at the conference.
- Extensions to the MD4002 submission deadline cannot be requested based on participation at the conference.
- The work presented at the conference is considered a personal communication and should not be discussed outside the school.
The abstract must be an original work and all necessary permissions relating to images and data included must be obtained prior to submission.
Amendments to any abstracts submitted will not be permitted once confirmation of acceptance has been received.
All abstracts should include the title, and the forename, surname and institution of the author(s).
Those who are accepted for presentation will be notified within one week of the submission deadline. Presenters will be required to attend the conference and pay the delegate attendance fee.
Due to the INSPIRE grant received from the Wellcome Trust, printing costs will be covered for any medical student who wishes to present his/her research provided the aforementioned conditions are met.
Any queries may be directed to the Surgical Society at email@example.com
- President: Miss Olivia Pestrin
- Vice-President: Miss Kay McGillivray
- Secretary: Miss Pia Francesca
- Treasurer: Miss Rosie Boardman
- Conference Chair: Mr Shujaa Khan
- Academic Convenor: Miss Nahl Iftikhar
- Clinical Skils Coordinator: Miss Ayesha Qureshi
- Social & Charities Representative: Miss Christiane Gafrey
- Publicity Representative: Miss Ciara Maxwell-Whiteley
- Junior conference chair: Miss Tala Musallam
- Junior clinical skills co-ordinator: Miss Ava Param
Dr Robert Humphreys, Lecturer (Education Focused).
- Mr Frederick Picard
- Dr Ameeta Joshi
- Mr Timothy Clough
- Dr John Rogers