Aims and Objectives
- Discover an interest in surgery and experience a variety of surgical specialties through keynote talks and workshops.
- Educational opportunity to learn about global surgery, international humanitarian missions, improvement and education of underdeveloped healthcare systems, interesting complex surgeries performed in underserviced areas globally, perspective on training abroad, and military trauma surgery.
- Learn and practice a variety of surgical skills covering a range of surgical specialties through a series of hands-on practical workshops.
- Present research to colleagues and faculty.
- Network with consultant surgeons, surgical trainees, and medical students interested in surgery from all around the UK.
Fee, Date and Venue
- Date : 18th March 2023 (Saturday)
- Venue : Allam Medical Building, University of Hull, Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7RX
- Conference Fee : £10.00 (A reduced fee of £8.00 is available for the first 20 delegates. This will be offered on a first come first served basis).
- Number of Places : 100
- Suitable for : Medical Students
Abstract submissions for the poster competition are welcome and delegates may submit a maximum of two surgery related abstracts. This may be as a First Author or Co-Author.
Please note that you need to register for conference to present your research if successful
Abstract submissions must be received no later than 5th March 2023.
The Hull and York Surgical Societies' 10th National Surgical Conference is
the flagship annual event organised collaboratively by York Surgical
Society and Hull Surgical Society.
This one-day national student conference features several keynote talks from consultant surgeons on a variety of topics within the field of surgery. The keynote speakers invited are national and international leaders in their respective surgical fields.
This year’s conference theme is “Innovating Surgery Around the Globe” and will discuss a variety of topics.
The conference includes a series of hands-on practical workshops teaching a variety of essential surgical skills and covering a wide range of surgical specialties and surgical interests.
The workshops will include Basic Suturing Skills, Knot Tying, Orthopaedic Workshop,Tendon Repair, Local Flaps,Vascular Anastomosis, CV/Surgical Portfolio, Laparoscopic Surgery Skills, Chest Drain Insertion, Interventional Radiology, and Neurosurgical Skills.
This academic meeting also offers delegates the opportunity to present research projects as well as the opportunity to network with like-minded colleagues, surgical trainees and consultant surgeons.
- Conference Co-Chair: Mr Rohan Chikhal
- Conference Co-Chair: Miss Mariam Hussain
- Finance and Sponsorships Lead: Miss Palida Jantarang
- Logistics Lead: Mr Rodrigo Muscogliati
- Workshop Lead: Miss Megan Swindley
- Social Media Officer: Mr Abhishek Alex
- Social Media Officer: Miss Riya Panchmatia
- Social Media Officer: Miss Emily Kominco
- Logistics Officer: Mr Eduardo Muscogliati